Open call for interventions in the public space and more specifically for the in-between space within buildings, blocks of flats and residences, which are dispersed all over the residential areas.
Aims of the strand:
• To create a framework to upgrade neighbourhoods’ public spaces and to regain their social feature through collaborative procedures.
• To encourage local teams to plan interventions that will meet the needs and the potential of their area.
• To revive deprived neighbourhoods, urban voids and abandoned areas which suffer from lack of security have lost their attractiveness over time.
• To encourage citizens to «adopt» parts of the public space.
• To amplify socialisation not only by collaborative procedures but also by the active use of the area.
• To activate human capital, local skills, and creativity.
The strand support interventions such as:
• Innovative street furniture
• Small-scale mobile structures
• Urban games equipment
• Shading and waiting stations
• Alternative energy solutions for urban equipment
Calle de Arenal_Δημοτικές αρχές_ Madrid_Spain 2016
Red Ball Project_Kurt Perschke_ σε διάφορα μέρη στον κόσμο 2005
Οδός Πιττάκη Beforelight Ψυρρή Αθήνα 2012
Confe2 Light_Sergio Seba(an_Chueca Square_Madrid_Spain 2004-2008
Wabash Lights_Jack C. Newell Seth Unger_Chicago-Illinois_USA 2016
Colorful Rain_Sextafeira Produções_Bordeuax, France 2017
Rituals_ho!eas_ Williamsburg, NY, USA 2016
Rainbow passage_Peter Struycken_ ΝΑΙ Ro+erdam_Netherlands 2008
18 nuances de gai_ Claude Cormier + Associes_ Montreal_ Canada 2017
Delete!_Steinbrener/Dempf & Huber_ Neubaygasse, Vienna, Austria 2005
Las Sombras de San Esteve_Anna & Eugeni Bach_ Orto_Spain 2016
Ίχνη Εμπορίου_ διάφορες ομάδες_ Αθήνα 2013